Community Related Conferences in 2019

(Stephen O'Rowe) #1

Hey,

Anyone thinking of going to any conferences this year related to Communities?

Looking for some recommendations in Europe primarily but interested in any worldwide.

(Richard Millington) #2

There’s one by @tanjaontour in Germany coming up, but I believe most of the sessions are in German…which is generally the problem for outside the UK/Ireland.

I don’t think I’ve had any speaking invites from anyone in Europe recently, not for a public conference anyway.

We used to do ours in London, but it sadly wasn’t the best use of our time. Your best bet is heading to Le Web or one of the other big events which often have community tracks.

(Stephen O'Rowe) #3

Great, thanks Richard. If there’s any state-side you think is worth attending please let me know what you think has the best bang for buck for community managers :+1:

(Richard Millington) #4

I think @Nancy_Kinder might still be running some meetups in London too.

(Piper_Wilson) #5

@Nancy_Kinder has done webinars, too. I’ve only been able to catch one of them though. It was excellent.

(Tanja Laub) #6

Thanks @richard_millington
yes @steverowe I’m organizing one in Germany on march 20th in Cologne. https://communitygipfel.de

All talks despite one will be in German, though sorry. There is only one English one.
I went to Swarm Conference in Australia last year and can only recommend it. It was really good. If you have the opportunity, you should give it a go.

(Stephen O'Rowe) #7

Thanks Tanja, my German is a little rusty so probably not the best for me. Australia is a far way away from me but I’ll certainly check it out.

Thanks for the details!

(Rebecca Braglio) #8

Jumping on this topic - has anyone taken any social media/community copywriting classes or courses on how to write more effectively?

(Stephen O'Rowe) #9

@rebeccabraglio I’m not too sure, sorry. I would assume a general writing class would be beneficial though and you can usually find some online or part-time courses in your local colleges.

@richard_millington Do you know anything about the CR Roundtable?

Or has anyone a membership there? Looks interesting but never heard of the network or previous events?