Community management content creation tools?

(Wil L) #1

Anyone know of some tools where I can make videos + images (I have assets ready, just not the font packs / overlays / etc) without spending hours on each one? What do you all use? This tool would be for an RPG game community.

(Sarah Hawk) #2

Are you on a Mac? I use iMovie and it’s pretty easy.
For images I use PhotoShop.

(Wil L) #3

I’m using Windows. And photoshop feels like performing heart surgery with a light saber.

(Sarah Hawk) #4

Ha. Love it. I have a design background so it’s pretty intuitive, but I hear ya!

Check out Canva.

@phil might have video recommendations.

(Wil L) #5

I would want to make annotations / alterations similar to this

Shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes right? Can’t really find an easy way to incorporate those arrows / red marks / gray out background in photoshop. It seems way too time consuming

(Sarah Hawk) #6

For the grey backgrounds you need to make a new layer

Then use the rectangle tool to make a rectangle, fill it with a dark colour, and then set the opacity to 60%

To make arrows you use the line tool and then set the arrow head options at the top

To make red circles you use the circle selection shape and then select Edit > Stroke and pick your width

You can play with the settings to change the opacity, arrow appearance, size etc etc. I hacked those ones together in about 30 secs.

(Sarah Hawk) #7

All that said, Canva was designed for non-designers to do this kind of thing. In the long run that will prob save you a lot of time.