Community launches – 3 month check in

(Sarah Hawk) #1

Progress check-in on a few people that joined us three months ago…

How are you going with the training course @jonnymcg? And what stage of the process are you currently at with the bank client’s community? I know you were considering a hybrid social media/forum approach. Any progress?

@Ryan_Illman – how are you going with the software support community? Have you launched?

I’m especially interested to hear how the launch of your local beach community went @Wouija. Any specific challenges?

(will mckay) #2

Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much for the email.

Still working on the site. I’ve been trying to recruit a few moderators, but reluctant to take just anyone. In the next couple of weeks I plan to talk to a few people about helping me. I think my biggest problem is every time I look at the site, I see things I want to change. It’s time to launch it and take things as they come. : )

Thanks and hope all is well with you guys.

Will

(Sarah Hawk) #3

Glad to hear that it’s moving along. :slightly_smiling:

Totally agree on this. It’ll never be 100% finished - there will always be iterations - so sometimes you just have to draw a line in the sand. You’re also making assumptions about how people will use the site (we all do it) and you might change your ideas or reprioritise things once you get people actually using it.

[quote=“Wouija, post:2, topic:2046”]
I’ve been trying to recruit a few moderators, but reluctant to take just anyone.
[/quote] What’s your criteria?