Artefacts

(Richard Millington) #1

https://www.feverbee.com/artefacts/

The more people who help create an artefact, the more people are likely to share it.

The more it’s shared, the more people are likely to join and help build the next artefact.

Communities aren’t never-ending streams of discussions. They are places to use the collective knowledge, passion, and resources of members to build things that help every member.

Read More

(corinna snyder) #2

i really like using the word artefact, which doesn’t limit the kinds of output we foster, and I particularly like the advice “Don’t create them for the community, create them with the community.” In my experience, the learning power of communities is more fully realized in the creation of artefacts, as opposed to their reuse.

(Richard Millington) #3

Thanks @corinnasnyder and welcome to the community!

What kind of resources would be useful to you? I’m curious what we could start working on here.

(corinna snyder) #4

My situation has a lot of firsts in it, so I’m still figuring out what’s needed. I’m trying to find ways to demonstrate the value that’s created in the process of making, in a way that makes sense to my business leaders (my industry is professional services). It’s challenging. Culturally, we’re more comfortable focusing on outcomes, which we believe can be assessed and evaluated objectively, even as we also know that in a relationship driven business, our ability to make and maintain (necessarily qualitatively assessed) relationships with clients – to focus on the process – matters enormously, and the quality of the relationship has a complex relationship to the way the outcome is assessed by our clients. Wondering how others in a similar situation have been able to persuade leaders to believe in the value of process.

(Richard Millington) #5

Hey @corinnasnyder,

I think there’s a few things that stand out to me here (I’m sure others can jump in too).

1. What’s the current understanding of the community and the support for it?
  2. What do you need the support for?
  3. What sort of evidence from the community are you collecting of success at the moment?

It sounds like there’s a lot of potential in this community at the moment.