(I’m still tweaking this as a post for newcomers, what other resources should be in here?)
If you’re new to managing communities, here are some resources you might find useful.
- How To Build An Online Community (big list of resources)
- The Community Lifecycle
- The SPACE Model
- The Community Maturity Model
- The Business Value Model
- Community Strategy Templates.
- Strategic Community Management
Calculating the ROI of your community
- Calculating the ROI of Online Communities
- The CR Community ROI Calculator
- Vanilla Community ROI Calculator
If you’re looking for a platform, there is a big difference between the big enterprise platforms with annual fees of >$10k and the rest (smaller tools like Facebook Groups, MightyBell etc.
- Buzzing Communities (our own book).
- Building Successful Online Communities.
- Cultivating Communities of Practice.
- The Art of Community.
Sense of Community
Make sure you read about the Psychological Sense of Community.