AI Enhanced Community Management?

(chiprodgers) #1

A friend and colleague, Mark Finnern, just posted an interesting blog I thought I’d share with the FeverBee community. Check it out and add your thoughts.

AI Enhanced Community Management?

What do you think?
Chip

(Bas van Leeuwen) #2

Very interesting idea!

But I honestly think that most communities won’t have enough generated data for proper machine learning. I hope I’m wrong though :slight_smile:

(rhogroupee) #3

Thanks for sharing that article, Chip! I think this is a really important conversation. I’m talking to folks now who say they “want to include AI” in their community, but they have no idea what that means in terms of day-to-day actions or enhancements. It’s going to be tempting to just “slap Watson” on the platform, but we really need to think through how AI actually will benefit cmgrs as well as community members over the long term.

(Sarah Hawk) #4

Agreed with all of the above + Mark’s observations about Salesforce’s claims.

I think the opportunity to create more personalised experiences is a powerful one – I’d love to send out digests that were customised according to the kind of content that people read onsite, and funnel people into groups and networks of people with similar interests – but it would need to be done right and I’m not sure we’re there yet.

(Piper_Wilson) #5

I think this is off topic but this was my favorite takeaway from the blog. Thank you for sharing this.

(chiprodgers) #6

Yep, that’s Mark! He actually was the original community manager for the SAP Developer Network when it was first started back in 2003.
(We changed the name to SAP Community Network in 2008 to recognize publically that we had expanded the audience well beyond developers.)