[8 May] What are you working on this week?

weeklywork

(Nick Emmett) #1

Don’t the weeks just fly by when you’re having fun?!
I have another four day week this week but in general am working on content migration, along with finishing my slide decks for our two upcoming customer community events. We have around 250 customers coming to London in a couple of weeks and around 700 in Las Vegas in a months time. Great opportunities for spreading the word, advertising the value and getting people involved.

What have you guys got on this week?

(Ernesto Izquierdo) #2

We are preparing a presentation to management to prove the value of our internal HR community.

We have benchmark indicators of activity compared to The Community Roundtable, but we’d like to find more information on how long it takes to internal communities to reach critical mass (in terms of activity).

This specific community reached it in about 4 months.

(Ernesto Izquierdo) #3

And as soon as I finished posting this I realized that you have published this great benchmark: http://www.feverbee.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/revampedlifecycle.pdf

The only thing missing is the data on how many communities you’ve studied to bring this together. :slight_smile:

(Laleh moli) #4

My week will be mostly on reading the documents on superuser program here at Feverbee :wink: as well as other resources, and make a 1-2-3 guide for this tactic.

(Nick Emmett) #5

This would be really interesting to hear about how you’re looking to put this information across to your stakeholders @Ernesto_Izquierdo - I think it’s an area that a lot of people can often struggle with - it would be great if you could share how you’re going to put this across - real world examples are great to see - also let us know how it goes, and if there’s any more help we can give you from this communtiy :slight_smile:

(Nick Emmett) #6

Excellent - @lolmol - which resources are you looking at specifically? Again another area that I think a lot of people are interested in but just don’t know where to start! Let us know what nuggets you take away from your research :slight_smile:

(Nick Emmett) #7

Hey @Ernesto_Izquierdo - just making sure that you see @richard_millington’s latest blog post about gaining Internal Support - sometimes it’s good to remember value isn’t always a number.

(Laleh moli) #8

I’ve started with this post:

and continue based on the new keywords or new questions raised afterwards.

(Ernesto Izquierdo) #9

Thanks Nick, I’ll check his post. Really appreciate you coming back on
this. I’ll share later how we are approaching this presentation. :slight_smile:

(Shreyas) #10

We’re having our DevOps conference this week(on Thursday, to be precise). We might have a community booth as well as a Birds of Feathers session that I might help co-facilitate on developer communities. Dealing with all the pre-conference adrenaline rush!

(Nick Emmett) #11

Hey @dun3buggi3 - tell me more about this Birds of a Feather session - for me in the UK the phrase is synonymous with a 80/90s sit com!

(Shreyas) #12

Hah. Just checked the sitcom.
So BoF sessions are basically an informal gathering of people who wants to speak about a specific topic. Unlike the conference, which usually has 1 person addressing a large crowd, the BoF’s are much smaller and anyone who wants to contribute to the discussion can speak.

(Graham Perrin) #13

Tail end of a second round of first impressions of a Discourse forum that I helped to set up. I’d like to promote it a little more, but the first tweet that I sent yesterday gave a poor first impression, in three ways – the site’s /about text, the thumbnail, and the text of the tweet itself. So …

… I have the brakes on until I can be reasonably certain that (amongst other things) future tweets will not misrepresent any part of the forum as an ugly, broken black lump :grimacing: – has anyone encountered that before, with a link to Discourse?

Family vacation next week :relieved: with plenty of me-time, I’ll probably have just a little to post in next week’s work topic …

(Sarah Hawk) #14

@richard_millington wrote that. I think we’d worked with around ~200 communities at that time but Rich will need to confirm.