[26 June] What are you working on this week?

weeklywork
introductions

(Sarah Hawk) #1

I’m rapt to say that I’ve finally finished my microsite so am moving on to new projects!

I’m creating a couple of visual frameworks/downloadable process documents that go with the above site.

This week I’m also going to start to document some of our tech/internal processes because we’re not particularly good at that and it’s important.

Continuing with pushing the bookclub in my other community and organising some panel AMAs.

What’s up in your world this week?

(Nick Emmett) #2

Last week we had our main customer event in Las Vegas so this week is likely to be made up of follow up things such as reaching out to the new people I met, potential new members etc, making sure the new people that have joined feel welcome and get involved etc. There’s also the content from the event that will be published in the Community over the course of the week, ranging from the slide decks to video content.

I have a bit to catch up on the for the two Feverbee courses I"m taking due to being out last week before getting in to the final week’s content.

I have a meeting with one of our providers around getting more out of their product from an analytics perspective.

(Courtney Howell) #3

I also just got back from our big annual event (it was in Nashville). The whole month leading up to it was jam-packed with preparations.

Like @Nick_Emmett, a lot of this week will be follow up stuff. Lots of meetings to discuss how things went and what we could do better next year.

I’m also finalizing a one-year-anniversary event/contest with our legal team.

Hopefully I will also get to dip my toes in a big new-member onboarding project I’ve been wanting to get into since I started!

(Alessio Fattorini) #4
  • Just converted my “welcoming post” into “What are you working on post” and already noticed big improvements on engagement. The difference is pretty self-evident look at the different title
  • cleanup my personal Trello board so I can set up a good community strategy
  • plan some conversation with other community managers. I do it in order to be consistent with my English practice and to share some ideas with them, learning something new every time :slight_smile:
  • prepare an internal webinar
  • submit new CFPs for Codemotion Milan and Open Source Summit
  • working on my new challenge
  • usual Support job :slight_smile:

(Sarah Hawk) #5

That is so good!