[25 October] What are you working on this week?

(Sarah Hawk) #1

I’m day behind this week because it was Labour Weekend here – I’m feeling refreshed.

This week is all about research for me. I’m digging into Ambassador/super-user programs.
I’m also working on a couple of Member Spotlights and tidying up some loose ends on the SEO side.

What are you working on?

(Sarah Hawk) #2

(Gear Buzz) #3

New design look search results pages. (trying to trim down visual cruft / unneeded text to make for a less off putting / more attractive functionality)

Week 4 affiliate API integration - caching required

Countdown begins to our first newsletter send out. - crunch time today - what news to actually send???. (We are leaving it down to the wire to decide)

Big trade show in LA in Jan. Will I go? Or will I send one of the team?

(Bas van Leeuwen) #4

We’re working on an advanced language pack for Community Analytics, toying around with automatic topic modelling (some AI that defines what people talk about; we can then show trends in specific subjects); as well as automatic summarisation of threads; and trying to see if we can find useful correlations between reading level and engagement etc.

All a bit fuzzy, but we think it’s cool stuff :slight_smile:

Then there’s the dreaded VAT-payment to the tax-man to be done :sob:

(Lucie Pinto) #5

This week I’m working on getting through my Community Management course and fostering more communication and collaboration with my Champions.

(Alessio Fattorini) #6

Me too is time for our ambassador program to become public :slight_smile:

(Jessie Schutz) #7

After 2.5 years as the Lone Ranger, we finally got headcount! So the biggest thing I’m focusing on at the moment is figuring out how to actually conduct an interview, because I’ve never done this before. I already found the thread in here with suggestions for interview questions, so that’s been great. Any other suggestions or resources is definitely welcome.

Otherwise I’m chipping away at the strategy I’m working on, and trying to not forget that I’m going to San Francisco next week so I should probably do laundry and start scheduling meetings. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Sarah Hawk) #8

How long has your Champion program been running?

Glad you found that topic – it is useful. @colleenyoung has plenty of hiring experience and @alenarybik is currently going through it so will likely have good advice.

(Ouattara Sitafa) #9

As a new comer in the field of Community Management, I will continue to listen to Caty’s video and do some practices. I have just finished the first part of the Module ‘How To Start An Online COmmunity’

(Richard Millington) #10

Busy work on a bunch of projects.

Revamping a few areas of our consultancy page.
Finishing touches on our big strategic community management project.
Heading to SF next week for a new client and maybe going to cmx.
Beginning work on a mega-communities project.
Recording videos for our new course.

(Sarah Hawk) #11