[22 May] What are you working on this week?

weeklywork

(Sarah Hawk) #1

Happy Monday (it’s actually Tuesday here – I’m a day late).

What’s up for your week?

• We’re kicking off two courses this week. That falls mostly on Rich and Phil, but I run sideline support.
  • I’m writing media pitches for my superuser piece and gathering feedback from beta readers.
  • I’m also getting down to the final stages of the redesign projects for our About Us page and a homepage for this community (exciting!!)
  • I need to do some customisation of the Discobot orientation process to align it a bit more with our FeverBee culture and messaging

In my other community I’m launching two big projects

• An online bookclub
  • A mentoring team project to give people the opportunity to work start to finish through a UX process

I’m also doing my final certification as a fitness instructor, which is ticking boxes really as I’ve been teaching for a while.

Busy!

(Nick Emmett) #2
  • Follow up from our community/customer event last week. It went really well and I’m now looking to try and maximise on the success and convert more people in to engaging - it’s already happening with several new people posting for the first time that were at the event.
  • Roadmap and strategic planning with my boss and her boss. Long overdue.
  • The final phase of a content migration project is kicking in as we move towards full launch.
  • Started the two courses here at Feverbee - looking forward to getting my teeth stuck in.

(Piper_Wilson) #3

I hope I don’t sound boring because the main thing I’m working on is more of the same. I’m still learning my community and learning as much as I can about UX.

I’m also getting a head start on reading the book for the book club that Hawk mentioned.

In private news, I’m enjoying the last week of the school break before things ramp up again.

(Sarah Hawk) #4

Nope! I think part of the value of this thread is that others can see that it’s not always cool projects and exciting stuff. Sometimes there is just work that needs to be done.

That’s cool! I’d love to hear more if you have time to distill learnings into another post at some point.

(Richard Millington) #5

Launching 2 new courses. Most of the videos were recorded and complete last week.

Several client proposals to send out which we’re really excited about.

Guest blog post coming up.

Data analysis on a major client project.

Some more research calls on a new project.

(Robert McIntosh) #6

Completing the SSO project, and integration with marketing database for the new community so I can start beta testing internally before recruiting the early adopters & testers

Drafting dozens of “How To …” articles for the new Discourse site (since, as we’ve discussed, there doesn’t seem to be a comprehensive source of these) … which I will share here in due course

Plus all the usual preparation for launch stuff :slight_smile:

(Samantha Preddie) #7
  • Update the FAQ page to reflect new features
  • Continue to create “How-to Guides” for new/shy users
  • Finalize internal blog

:smiley:

(Sarah Hawk) #8

I love doing that kind of stuff.

What platform are you using?

(Courtney Howell) #9

Yep! That’s definitely why I’m addicted to reading them.

Here’s what I’m up to this week.

• finishing up a tagging taxonomy which will (hopefully) be implemented by the first of June
  • announcing a giveaway that coincides with our annual conference (which is now less than a month away eep!)
  • researching mentoring programs in other communities (interested to hear more about your project, @HAWK)
  • developing a content plan for our community during the actual week of conference (unfortunately, since it’s my first year, I’ll be doing a lot of grunt work at the conference, so I might not even be able to do much as far as content goes.)

At the moment, most of my energy is being devoted to our upcoming conference, but I don’t want to get to the end of it and then have nothing planned for afterward. I’m feeling a bit anxious that we’ll get a lot of great momentum and then stall out.

(Piper_Wilson) #10

Thank you. I look forward to it.

(Sarah Hawk) #11

Good call.

(Jen Blanford) #12

Finally made it back here after I signed up many moons ago. Our community manager wants all of the community staff to spend more time on continuous improvement that relates to our community. So…that’s step 1.

As for community work this week -
Our communities have had photo campaigns this month. It is a way to get new members to join our community and hopefully engage. I have worked on welcoming them and directing them to appropriate forum topics.

We also recently restarted the welcome threads on our communities. That seems to draw in a few people each week.

Other than that, I have been working on maintaining engagement with the community members. Looking for ways to increase that engagement, so here I am.

(Sarah Hawk) #13

Great to hear from you Jen. Are you still working at AAFA?

Do those people stick around?