[15 May] What are you working on this week?

weeklywork

(Sarah Hawk) #1

Happy Monday!

I’m back from an amazing week in beautiful Bali so I’m off to a bit of a slow and jet-lagged start, but this week the plan is to:

• catch up on all the things I missed around here while I was away
  • get our new About Us page launched
  • do some more work on our new community portal/homepage
  • get my SuperUser program site design planned out
  • work on a marketing plan for the above

What’s on your plate?

(Nick Emmett) #2

Welcome back! I trust Bali was awesome?!

I just arrived in London for a couple of days meeting customers and community members at our Community Live event. The whole week is basically taken up for me chatting, networking, promoting the value and greasing palms as much as I can, and then following up on everyone and everything. Bizarrely, despite the event name, this is the first that Community as truly been on the agenda, in terms of I have a slot to extol the virtue and value, where I’ll be presenting on how to get the most out of the community, a bit of roadmap and then, most importantly, I have 3 customer/members on stage with me, each telling their own story of what the community means to them and what value they get out of it.

Happy days!

(Sarah Hawk) #3

It was magic thanks.
Aside from this small electrocution incident.

That sounds amazing. Cool idea.

(Renée Van Holsteijn) #4

No way, you were in Bali, @HAWK?! That’s where I’m living for a few months now! :slight_smile:
Too bad we didn’t meet.

This week, I had some goals:

• build an English version of my website
  • prepare my visit at Facebook HQ, Singapore where we will talk about Workplace
  • write some social posts for an online advertising company
  • write a 0.1 version of a social marketing plan for a flower export company
  • still find my way and settle down in Bali, mainly personal, but also professional

(Sarah Hawk) #5

Oh! That is a real shame. What part are you in?
We spent time in Kuta, Seminyak, Ungasan, Pandawa and Jimbaran.

(Renée Van Holsteijn) #6

I’m in Ubud until September. Really beautiful, peaceful and they have good co-working spots over here.
Hope Bali gave you energy, peace of mind and inspiration, @HAWK.

(Sarah Hawk) #7

I was there for a few hours on Sunday. We went to Hujan Locale for lunch. If you haven’t been there, you def should. It was amazing!

(Piper_Wilson) #8

The semester is over so I’m adjusting to not having deadlines for the next couple of weeks.

I’m working on learning more about UX in general during the semester break. I’m also glad @HAWK is back from holiday. Although that isn’t work. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Richard Millington) #9

I spent a lot of time in Ubud 2 years ago. I loved it, it was beautiful.

Found the internet very suspect though…but the prices were cheap.

(Renée Van Holsteijn) #10

I had to find out myself, and is was absolutely lovely! Had the best wine in weeks. Thank you for this recommendation, @HAWK!