[13 March] What are you working on this week?

weeklywork

(Sarah Hawk) #1

I’ve been head down on a project for the last couple of weeks and I’m feeling a bit burned out by it.

This week I’m going to try and log out of all distractions (like mail and Slack) and commit to a writing project that I’d like to get finished and launched.

What are you guys working on?

(Lucas Miller) #2

This week - I am focusing my efforts on orchestrating and training on our community roll-out.

I have to get my key build functions finalized with my build team and outline what we will be training our global team on in order to begin developing content.

(Alessio Fattorini) #3

Last week I’ve been head down on reaching out to many of our new members, testing a new personal message. Now I need to reply to all of them and measure how much this strategy was effective, compared with the last one.

This week I’d like to get finished a new post about “community for devs” and a newsletter on the last my project updates :slight_smile:

(Shreyas) #4

I’d like to read that when you’re done :slight_smile:

(Nick Emmett) #5
  • Continuing to work on a project to migrate content away from a different customer facing site to our community.
  • Working on presentations for two events - our UK User Group and our two Community Live events, which are later on this year in London and Las Vegas. The latter events will be customer panel sessions too so am just kicking off the conversation with the people involved, three customer/users at each.
  • Beginning to cataolgue all the existing touch points for our Community in our customer communications with a view to improving them.

(Courtney Howell) #6

1. Uploading our revamped rules and guidelines (we asked for member feedback while developing these, so I’m excited to see how the rest of our members react)
2. Figuring out and organizing a tagging system for discussions (our platform recently launched this functionality)
3. Planning to launch a conference-specific community, which will go up in about 2 weeks (eeep!). I’m nervous about this one because we’re pretty close to conference (mid-June), and I would’ve loved more prep time. However, I will make the best of it! I’m probably going to spend some time combing through posts here to see if I can gleam some advice on launching new communities within an existing community (so really, it’s like a special interest group taken from our overall community, but our platform refers to them as communities, too). I have a few ideas but would lovvvve any and all input!

(Piper_Wilson) #7

Homework, even though it’s spring break because that’s the way I roll.

(Sarah Hawk) #8

Are you able to share them publicly? If so, it would be great to have them added to this topic.

From memory. @aluciani and @dun3buggi3 have experience with event based communities.

(Robyn Jordan) #9

I’m working on recruiting, some content and starting a job hunt for myself.

(Andrej Raider) #10

Trying to figure out ways/prediction-methods to early-identify potential power-users (when they are still in newcommer-stage). If anyone has some good reads or hints, would be appreciated :slight_smile:

(Sarah Hawk) #11

Best of luck Robyn. Where are you based?

(Robyn Jordan) #12

Based in the Bay Area but I’ve been toying with the idea of moving/remote work for awhile now so trying to balance my need to quickly find a new healthier position and wanting to make a move that is smart long term.

(Sarah Hawk) #13

I have written a research piece which isn’t yet ready for publishing, but I am happy to share some tips etc.

Shall we start a new topic?

(Andrej Raider) #14

Hi Sarah. Sure, that would be awesome!

(Courtney Howell) #15

Our forum is private, unfortunately, but I really loved all those links to other guidelines! Especially the moderation guidelines. Thanks!

(Shreyas) #16

Hey @courtney_howell, we, at HasGeek, are primarily into developer conferences. Happy to share learnings. :slight_smile:

(Richard Millington) #17

@robynravenclaw you’re leaving? What kind of work are you looking for? Where are you based?

(Robyn Jordan) #18

Still very much looking to work in community. I’m based in the Bay Area but open to relocating and VERY open to remote work

(Alessio Fattorini) #19

Just published my article based on my experience.

This is the first of three articles, in the following ones I’ll try to explain why a community is really good for your project as a whole, and not just for devs. How a community could make your product awesome and how to build it. Simple strategies, for devs, that show how to nurture a welcoming and supportive environment.

Is there a proper place here where I can put stuff like this (self-promotion)?

(Sarah Hawk) #20

Here