[13 Feb] What are you working on this week?

weeklywork

(Sarah Hawk) #1

I’m going to be a bit more granular this week as a result of last week’s discussion around whether we actually complete what we set out to at the start of the week. This way I can hold myself accountable.

• I’m going to complete Weeks 4 & 5 of the Strategic Community Management coursework
  • I’m working with @lizcrampton to complete on her coursework for the above
  • I’m going to build out the content structure of our next sub-site with a view to doing the styling next week
  • I’m going to spend a day contacting members and getting them to come back and close the loop on a few past discussion
  • I’m going to begin working towards a tagging system which will allow our sales team to start tracking qualified leads

What are you hoping to achieve this week?

[20 Feb] What are you working on this week?
(Robyn Jordan) #2

I’m going to be working on the next few things this week:

• Working on a company blog to be published for Black History Month
  • Cleaning up my documentation and strategy into a coherent documents
  • Contacting members and planning out a re-engagement campaign

(Sarah Hawk) #3

I’d be interested to hear more about this when you get to it.

(Sarah Hawk) #4

A post was split to a new topic: Strategy in an Advocacy Community

(Robyn Jordan) #5

of course!

(Nick Emmett) #6

My week is looking like this:

• Working with one of our leading members on a spotlight blog post (Q&A style)

• Dealing with several support cases across our two main vendor

• Working on plans for some content migration and how best to use the tools we already have within salesforce to host content and manage the updating of Community content pages.

• Sort out my packing for an offsite in San Diego next week!

(Sarah Hawk) #7

Exciting! Have you been there before? I haven’t.

(Nick Emmett) #8

Negative!
My experience of travelling to the US is purely 11 nights in Vegas!
Looking forward to it.

(Sarah Hawk) #9

I’m not sure that’s entirely indicative of the whole experience. :wink:
Or maybe it is.

(Courtney Howell) #10

About a month ago, I inherited a community of around 17,000 (only about 1100 are active) that has had little to no moderation. So on my agenda for this week is:

1. Complete a first draft of updated rules and guidelines
  2. Complete a first draft of a Statement of Diversity and Inclusion
  3. Start working on a crisis policy
  4. Meeting with our data team to set up some baseline reports going forward
  5. Brainstorm ideas to implement Community initiatives at our annual conference (in June)

It’s cool to see what everyone else is up to!

(Sarah Hawk) #11

Eeeeek, sounds like a challenge! What kind of community is it @courtney_howell ?

(Courtney Howell) #12

I work for the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Members of the association are automatically enrolled with our private community (which is why we have so many). We actually have more than 80,000 members (international), but only 17,000 have agreed to our community rules so that’s why I shared that number, rather than the full 80K.

I’m learning A LOT about community management and the anti-fraud profession at the same time. It’s certainly a challenge, but I’m loving it so far!

(Piper_Wilson) #13

I’m currently going to school with a major in social media. At the moment, I’m not responsible for a community, so school is my focus.

This week, my assignment is to build a business page on Facebook to promote myself. If anyone would like to like or follow my assignment page, it’s https://www.facebook.com/Piper-T-Wilson-429237340763695/.

Peace

(Robyn Jordan) #14

New imperative is figuring out when do you give up on the direction of your community and start to look for a new job… (not a good week, obviously)

(Sarah Hawk) #15

Ugh, sorry to hear that Robyn. Must be a tough position to be in.

Is there anything we can do to help or support you?

(Robyn Jordan) #16

Just having a hard time explaining the purpose and limitations of an influencer/advocacy community to someone who seems to either not be listening or forcing her vision on my community. Feeling worn down constantly explaining that it’s a give/get community for marketing and traditional engagement tactics may help but is not the point of the platform. They know they’re influencers and wanted to be treated as such.

(Sarah Hawk) #17

That does sound really frustrating. It might be worth reaching out to someone like Nina Wilkinson from Mobilize. She does a lot of speaking about ambassador/superuser programs and may well have some good advice.

Would you like me to introduce you?

(Gear Buzz) #18

Shopify software download site customization nearly complete

New look search results roll out almost done.

(Robyn Jordan) #19

That would be great, thank you.

(Sarah Hawk) #20