[10 October] What are you working on this week?

weeklywork

(Sarah Hawk) #1

For me this week is about ironing out bugs in our redesign, cleaning up some old logos from existing content and then getting stuck into writing up the framework for a new project.

What’s up in your world?

(Alessio Fattorini) #2

thanks for asking :slight_smile:
It’s about creating the new weekly welcoming topic, trying to organize our community hangout, reaching out personally some great newcomer and then starting to write down the Release Candidate release notes!

EDIT: sorry @HAWK today I stole your weekly work idea to test the waters in my community and here what has happened. Should I pay some fee? :slight_smile:

(Chris Detzel) #3

For me, it’s almost “go-live” time for our public community in Germany.I
have to continue testing for Single-Sign-On from their eCommerce site to
our community.

We also have some campaigns going out in Canada to our employees about
their public community. We are looking for experts within Canada and
pushing them to post, answer and be there when customers get on the site.

Lastly, I need to start build a PPT deck, as we are having an "all-hands"
meeting in Dallas in a few weeks to talk about our Digital strategy for the
next year. I will be talking about what we have done from a Community
standpoint this year, into the next. Should be fun!

(Tim McShane) #4

Lots of web conferences training our f2f and 20 online facilitators for the new middle leadership, senior leadership and head ship blended learning programmes. Tonight its for the mentors and coaches, tomorrow might its the face to face facilitators and at some point this week I’ll have to make sure my new online facilitators are paired up with a buddy! Where did all that time go…

I will also get to go the CanvasCon convention at the British Museum in the Big Smoke (London) on Weds and strut my stuff with fellow Canvasadors : )

On a more fun note, my wife and I are hoping to become foster parents, this involves visits from the foster social workers each week, we started this process in June and we should be finished by November, this week we meet with other foster carers and wannabe’s like us plus the weekly visit on Thursday where we will be probed once again! : )

(Lucie Pinto) #5

My goals for this week are to draft an email to use when mass inviting Users to our community, get our twitter feed into the sidebar of our community and hopefully start the Community Management course!

(Sarah Hawk) #6

Ha, that’s awesome! I change the link in my reach-out PM each week to point to the new topic and have started closing the old ones at the end of each week.[quote=“Chris_Detzel, post:3, topic:4113”]
it’s almost “go-live” time for our public community in Germany.
[/quote]

Exciting! Looking forward to hearing how that goes. Best of luck.

We quite often get questions about managing remote facilitators and moderators so I’m interested to hear more about your team structure. How many online facilitators will this mean you end up with, and what is their role? Are they all in one community? (Sorry for the slew of questions.)

That’s really cool.

Feel free to share it first if you’re comfortable. We can crowdsource making it persuasive.

(Richard Millington) #7

Might be worth drafting several and split-testing these.

Working on a big strategy project, recording videos for the new course programme, webinar with the community roundtable, and heading to Venice on Friday.

(Sarah Hawk) #8